How Reachli Helps You Monetize Your Pinterest Pins
|November 27, 2012||Posted by D. Dixon under About Pinterest, Blogging|
Just when you thought things couldn’t get more interesting…it looks like Reachli has found a way to monetize Pinterest pins!
A few weeks ago, I got an interesting email from this site called Pinerly that I used to help me with analytics on Pinterest. Apparently they had re-branded as Reachli (pronounced Reech-lee) and were now open to content publishers and advertisers.
I was curious about how this company was going to leverage Pinterest to generate income so I applied.
A few days ago, I was notified that I was accepted as a publisher and now I had to take the next steps. So I watched a brief two minute video, read their blog post and was both surprised and excited by what I saw:
- Thanks to Pinterest, Reachli had discovered an advertising niche and created a system to turn existing images into lifestyle ads. Basically, you could ad code to your blog and when visitors hovered over one of your images, they would see a contextual, relevant ad that they could click and/or share! (Hover over my header graphic and you’ll see what I mean)
- So far they have a network of 30,000 advertisers, 1000 publishers and 1,500 campaigns per day. They also claim that their ads have a CTR of 2%-4% and that users engage with their ads 80 times more. Knowing that the average CTR for Facebook is about 0.1% makes me even more curious
- They have multiple ways to help you make money including sharing advertising content via social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Twitter and Pinterest!
- Advertisers pay per click and the rates range from $0.07 cents to $0.12 per click. You can embed the ads on your site or blog and make money directly. You could create a page, a site, anything around these ads and earn per click.
- In addition to being a publisher, you can create your own PPC campaign on Pinterest and Reachli for as little as $10 and the click rate so far is only as high as $0.35!